Today, we’re excited to be talking with Anne of All Trades! A woodworker, blacksmith, and organic farmer- Anne started creating online content centering on these topics about three years ago with the intent to go full-time as a content creator. This year, she was able to hang up her part-time hat and start working in content creation full-time!
Acquiring the skills and getting started in this field began when Anne moved to Seattle seven years ago. Once settled, she set up a woodworking shop and started creating. With only $300 to spend on tools, she started buying tools on Craigslist to fill up her toolbox and within three months she had a fully functioning shop. In addition, she would frequent her local library and read anything she could get her hands on that would help her become as skilled as possible.
- Anne would read or watch anything she could get her hands on to help educate herself on woodworking and content creation.
- Instead of focusing on making large quantities of product, Anne focuses on making fewer things extremely well.
- Ann honed her skills while working for a woodworking magazine and teaching a woodworking class at a fine arts school.
- Anne started about three years ago after meeting a content creator at a woodworking convention.
- Skeptical at first, once Anne shifted her mindset and focused on the types of content she was creating, she was able to quit her job within 6 months.
- Going from the fine furniture world to the content creation realm was a huge change and adjustment. The biggest switch for Anne was mentally. By focusing on the educational side of her interests and not just herself, she was able to show the lifestyle of the brand and offer value to her followers.
- Anne always tries to make sure that she’s sharing the reality of the woodshop as well as tips and tricks along the way.
- “Try to diversify your revenue streams and use social media platforms to do it. As a furniture builder and woodworker, you are constantly creating content. Use this content as a way to develop digital revenue streams. If you’re not on social media, get on it!”
Contact “Anne of All Trades”
Contact Acres of Timber
Read our Free Instagram Report: Tools for how to turn leads into sales, grow your following, and easily create engaging content.
Are you ready to scale your woodworking, flooring, or tree service business?
Like us on Instagram: @sawmillbusiness
Website :: Facebook :: Insta
- Granberg International is a US-Based, family owned and operated business, with a 60-year commitment to providing its customers worldwide with the highest quality chainsaw mill and accessories in the industry.
- Granberg’s completely mobile and compact Alaskan Mill makes it possible to mill your logs ANYWHERE.
- Creators of the alaskan mill.
You can learn and read more about what other users are saying about the alaskan mill @
Copyright © 2018 Acres of Timber